The Department of Pharmacy at Kiruddu Referral Hospital, primary goal is to ensure availability of commodities at all times for better service delivery.
Our responsibilities are:
- Forecasting of commodities including but not limited to; Essential Medicines (Antibiotics, Analgesics, Antihypertensive, Ant diabetics), ARVs, Anti TBs, Sundries. NMS being the primary source of commodities.
- Stock and Stores management; Commodity storage, arrangement, distribution, documentations.
- Maintain a safe, efficient system for dispensing medications.
- Pharmaceutical care and bedside dispensing to improve treatment outcome.
- Identify, resolve, and prevent drug-related problems such as drug allergies, drug interactions.
- Act as a drug information resource to medical and nursing staff on the selection, dosage, and route of administration of medications
- Work with the medical team to collaboratively monitor each patient's response to his or her medications.
- Researches in improving patient care, innovations in obtaining new treatment options.
- Collaborative effort: Stake holder engagement’ IDI Uganda, KCCA for enhanced service provision.
- We are adopting new roles in Public Health in prevention and management of disease to improve quality of life in the communities.